The sales cover letter is designed to get the attention of the hiring manager and make him or her interested enough to continue reading your resume and then call you in for an interview. In a way, you’re selling your qualifications making this the perfect opportunity to make a good impression and show off your skills.
In most cases, your sales cover letter is the only opportunity you’ll get to land an interview where you can personally prove you’re an excellent candidate for the job. Therefore, it needs to be written in the right tone and the information needs to be presented in an interesting way that sets you apart from the rest. The job applicants that can do this are the ones who normally get the interviews and the best jobs.
5 tips for writing a sales cover letter:
1. The first thing that you need to do is research the company and the position available. This will show that you have a genuine interest in the company and clients they serve. This knowledge gives you an added benefit that other applicants may not have because you understand the needs of the company. This makes it possible for you to customize the letter to match the need of the company.
2. Make it clear that you have the best interest of the clients in mind. Show that you have both the desire and ability to take the extra steps needed to build an excellent customer relationship that will enhance the reputation and growth of the company.
3. List any special skills that you have which make you the perfect candidate for the job. Only put down the most valuable skills you have and refer to the resume for the more detailed information.
4. List your education and work experiences that pertain to sales and that show you have the training needed to fill the position. Emphasis your ability to be a team player and to adjust to a changing environment.
5. The closing statement should include your desire for an interview and a number where you can be reached.
The potential employer is searching for someone who can be persuasive and convincing. You’ll qualify as this person if you can convince the hiring manager to call you in for an interview by writing a great sales cover letter.
Don’t view writing your sales cover letter as a task. Instead, look at it as a chance to make a great impression that’ll help you get the position you seek. Writing a sales cover letter is a great chance to show off your talents and get one step closer to landing a good job in sales.
Some of the most competitive jobs of today are in sales. It takes a lot of dedication and commitment to become a great salesperson and it requires a special type of personality. You need to be assertive without being obnoxious and friendly while still being professional. A great sales cover letter will display these qualities in a concise and informative way.