Welcome to Cover-Letter-Now, a service of Resume-Now! It is our pleasure to provide the services described below for your professional development in accordance with the User Agreement and all other legal documents incorporated herein by reference (collectively, the “Terms”). Please read carefully these Terms.If you need any support or questions, you can reach out our exceptional customer service team through our Contact Us page at cover-letter-now.com/contact-us.IN CASE OF DISPUTES, THESE TERMS REQUIRE ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS INSTEAD OF CLASS ACTIONS OR JURY TRIALS. US RESIDENTS MAY ONLY RAISE DISPUTES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION WITH NO CLASS RELIEF. DEPENDING ON THE LAW OF YOUR COUNTRY OR RESIDENCE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO BRING A DISPUTE BEFORE THE DESIGNATED AUTHORITIES OR COURTS IN THE PLACE YOU RESIDE. THESE TERMS SET FORTH SPECIFIC REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU. TO LEARN MORE, PLEASE READ SECTIONS 12 AND 13. Effective Date: November 9, 2021
Table of Contents
- SERVICE DESCRIPTION, ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
- REGISTRATION & ACCOUNTS
- COLLECTION & USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHT, OWNERSHIP, & LICENSE
- NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
- RESUME NOW “DOS AND DON’TS”
- OTHER SERVICES
- THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- SUBSCRIPTION, PAYMENTS, CANCELATION
- COMMENTS, USER REVIEWS, SUBMISSIONS, TESTIMONIALS, & OTHER
- DISCLAIMER, LIMIT OF LIABILITY, INDEMNITY & INVESTIGATIONS
- ARBITRATION OF CLAIMS
- GENERAL TERMS
1. SERVICE DESCRIPTION, ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS, CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIPThese Terms establish a legal contract between us, Resume-Now, as the services provider and the owner of all intellectual property of Cover-Letter-Now (“Resume-Now”, “we”, or “us”) and each user (“user”, “you”, or “your”) in connection to the access and use of our website, and internet properties as linked and any software that we provide you as offered by us, our subsidiaries, and our affiliated companies (collectively the “Site”). The Site may also include, unless otherwise specified in these Terms, the use of our online platform, proprietary content, tools, software, materials, and other services offered through the site (collectively, hereinafter, the “Service”). You represent and warrant that you are of age under the laws of your jurisdiction and/or lawfully able to enter into contracts. If you are not legally able to enter into contracts, you shall not use the Service at any time or in any manner or submit any information to Cover-Letter-Now or the Service.
3. REGISTRATION & ACCOUNTS3.1 In General. We provide resume and curriculum vitae building services and tools. For as long as you agree to these Terms and abide by them, you may use the Service. These Terms apply to all Users of the Service, including Visitors and Registered Users.3.1.1 Visiting our Site. Visitors may browse the Site in accordance with these Terms, but will not have full access to the Service (which may include but are not limited to contributing content, downloading tools, posting comments or signing up for special programs) without first becoming “Registered Users”.3.1.2 Registered Users & Accounts. In order to access certain features of the Service you may be required to become a Registered User. A “Registered User” is a User who has registered an account with us (your “Account”) or who has a valid account on the social networking service (“SNS”) through which the User has connected to the Service (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”). As a Registered User you will be able to upload documents as part of creating your resume or cover letter. Those documents will remain stored in your account for as long as your registered Account is open.3.1.3 Subscribed Users. As a Subscribed User you will have broader access to our Site and will be able to save, print, share and download the content you create. Different offer options will be available to best accommodate your needs.3.1.4 Registration Data. In registering for the Service, you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the Service’s registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You may not share your Account or password with anyone, and you agree to (A) notify Resume-Now immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or any other breach of security at email@example.com; and (B) exit from your Account at the end of each session. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Resume-Now has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Resume-Now has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof). Resume-Now shall be entitled to monitor your username and password and, at its discretion, require you to change it. If you use a username and password that Resume-Now considers insecure, Resume-Now will be entitled to require this to be changed and/or terminate your Account. Resume-Now reserves the right to remove or reclaim any usernames at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to, claims by a third party that a username violates the third party’s rights. You agree not to register for an Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, or register for an Account on behalf of any group or entity unless you are authorized to bind such person, group or entity to these Terms (see “Shared Accounts” below). By registering another person, group or entity you hereby represent that you are authorized to do so.3.1.5 Access through Social Networking Sites. If you access the Service through an SNS as part of the functionality of the Service, you may link your Account with Third-Party Accounts, by allowing Resume-Now to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account. You represent that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to Resume-Now and/or grant Resume-Now access to your Third-Party Account (including, but not limited to, for use for the purposes described herein) without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account and without obligating Resume-Now to pay any fees or making Resume-Now subject to any usage limitations imposed by such third-party service providers. By granting Resume-Now access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that Resume-Now may access, make available and store (if applicable) any information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags and/or other materials accessible through the Resume-Now internet properties that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (“SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through the Resume-Now internet properties via your Account. Unless otherwise specified in the Terms, all SNS Content shall be considered to be your User Content (as defined in Section 5) for all purposes of these Terms. Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your Account on the Resume-Now internet properties. Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or Resume-Now’s access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, then SNS Content will no longer be available on and through the Resume-Now internet properties. You have the ability to disable the connection between your Account and your Third-Party Accounts at any time by accessing the “Settings” section of the Service. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS IS GOVERNED SOLELY BY YOUR AGREEMENT(S) WITH SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND PROVIDER DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE PROVIDED TO IT BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS IN VIOLATION OF THE PRIVACY SETTINGS THAT YOU HAVE SET IN SUCH THIRD-PARTY ACCOUNTS. Resume-Now makes no effort to review any SNS Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality or non-infringement, and Resume-Now is not responsible for any SNS Content.3.1.5 Shared Accounts. A Shared Account is controlled by the member who created the account, and whose payment method has been charged (the “Account Owner”). The Account Owner may invite or authorize other third parties to share in their subscription. Any additional users joining in the Shared Account will be required to create their own separate and independent profile in order to have a distinct and personalized experience with our Service. The additional users will be able to share in the Account as long as the Account Owner retains an active subscription. When the Account Owner cancels or deletes their Account, the shared access is also terminated.3.2 Deletion or Deactivation of User Content and/or Your Account. You may request we delete resumes and cover letters by logging into your Account and clicking on the My Settings and “Resumes” or “Letters” tabs. Your User Content can only be deleted from public view by deactivating or deleting your Account by going to your Account and clicking the My Settings and “Overview” tab. When you request that your public User Content be deleted, your resume or profiles will no longer be visible to other users within the Service, but if your User Content, including your information, was previously accessed, stored, and/or copied by others, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. You can request your account to be deactivated by any of the means provided in our Contact Us page. When you deactivate your Account or ask that we delete your User Content we will retain logs and non-personally identifiable information about you along with an archival copy of your information, which is not accessible by you or third parties within the Service but which might be used for recordkeeping and internal legitimate business purposes. You also agree and understand that some of the content that we may create for you may not be able to be deleted once uploaded to the extent permitted by applicable law.3.2.1 Deletion of User Content. You further understand that Resume-Now may keep and use data in various ways as outlined in these Terms and in the Privacy Statement. If you request that your User Content be deleted by us, it will no longer be publicly available and to the extent permissible by law, we will take all reasonable steps to delete it. Resume-Now has no obligation to maintain any Account you open and may delete it if you violate these Terms as determined in Resume-Now’s sole and absolute discretion (please see also our Acceptable Use Policy).3.2.2 Disclaimer. Resume-Now does not endorse any User Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Resume-Now expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Content. Resume-Now does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and Resume-Now will remove User Content if properly notified that such User Content infringes on another’s intellectual property rights (please refer to our Copyright and Intellectual Property Infringement Notification Section). Resume-Now reserves the right to remove User Content without prior notice.
4. COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATIONYour privacy is important to us. Please review Resume-Now’s Privacy Statement which explains how we use information that you submit to Resume-Now and the choices you can make about the way this information is collected and used. The Privacy Statement is hereby incorporated by reference.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHT, OWNERSHIP, & LICENSE5.1 Your Content. As a Registered User you may upload, post, share, reframe, transmit or otherwise make available (“Make Available”) your User Content through the Service. “User Content” means, without limitation, your Account information, resume, career history, educational history, reviews, responses, profile entries, posts, questions, career materials, testimonials, submissions, and/or any other information you provide on or through the Service or that we may create for you. When you create an Account or provide career information on or through the Service (including via forms available on the Site or by uploading a resume) you agree that you are solely responsible for the accuracy of your User Content. You agree that Resume-Now may offer information that is of most interest to you.You may choose to make some of your User Content public on the Service. For some of our features, other members may be able to request email notifications of your new public User Content or publish their own comments to your comments. We may use the public User Content to improve our service, make connections with potential employers, personalize site views, market services or identify or feature popular members.For clarity, you retain ownership of your User Content at all times. However, by posting, uploading and/or Making Available any User Content within the Service, and/or by providing any communication or material to Resume-Now, you automatically:5.1.1 License to Resume-Now. Grant Resume-Now a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable through multiple tiers, and transferable, license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Content in connection with the Service and Resume-Now’ (and its successors’ and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels (now known or later developed). We may modify or adapt your User Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your User Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations within the Service, or of any networks, devices, services or media. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your public User Content, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such User Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms. To the extent permitted by applicable law, (i) the above licenses granted by you in User Content you submit to the Service will survive even if you remove or delete your User Content from the Service and, (ii) the above licenses granted by you in forum comments, testimonials or submissions you submit are perpetual and irrevocable. Except with respect to your User Content, you agree that you have no right or title in or to any other content or Materials (see Section 5.2 below) that appears on or in the Service, including, but not limited to any information associated with another Account or user profile or stored on or in the Service.5.1.2 Moral Rights Waver. To the extent permitted by applicable law, waive all moral rights in the User Content which may be available to you in any part of the world and confirm that no such rights have been asserted;5.1.3 Agency. Appoint Resume-Now as your agent with full power to enter into any document and/or do any act Resume-Now may consider appropriate to confirm the grant and assignment, consent and waiver set out above;5.1.4. User Content Ownership. Warrant that you are the owner of the User Content and entitled to enter into these Terms and that the User Content does not infringe the proprietary or privacy rights of any third party;5.1.5 No Encumbrance. Confirm that no such User Content will be subject to any obligation, of confidence or otherwise, to you or any other person and that Resume-Now shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of such User Content.5.1.6 User Content Rules. Agree and understand that your User Content is subject at all times to our Acceptable Use Policy.5.2 Our Intellectual Property, Trademarks & Copyrights. Except with respect to your User Content and other Registered Users’ Content, you agree that, as between you and us, Resume-Now (and our affiliated companies and suppliers) own all rights, title and interest in the Service and all tools, and all related intellectual property rights. The Service as a whole is copyrighted as a collective work, and individual works or content appearing on or accessible through the Site owned by or licensed to Resume-Now or its content providers are likewise subject to copyright protection domestically and internationally. Likewise, all data files, program files, software, code, proprietary methods, systems and other materials that are made available to download from or used to provide the Service (“Materials”) may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission and the prior written permission of our applicable licensors. The Materials are protected by copyrights, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights.You must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any of our Materials. Nothing in this Agreement grants you any right to receive delivery of a copy of our Materials or to obtain access to our Materials except as generally and ordinarily permitted through the Service according to these Terms. Certain names, logos, distinctive features, source identifiers and other materials displayed on the Site or in the Services, including its “look and feel”, constitute trademarks, tradenames, service marks, trade dress or logos (“Trademarks”) of us or other entities. All Trademarks not owned by Resume-Now that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to use any such Trademarks. Ownership of all such Trademarks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or those other entities. Unless you first obtain the copyright owner’s prior written consent, you may not copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform (in the case of sound recordings), or create derivative works from any copyrighted work made available or accessible via the Service. You will not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the Service.5.3 Your Use of Materials. Your right to make use of the Service and any Material or other content appearing on it is subject to your compliance with these Terms. Modification or use of the Material or any other content on the Service for any purpose not permitted by these Terms may be a violation of our intellectual property rights as protected by law and these Terms and is prohibited. You may copy, access, download and display Materials and all other content displayed on the Service for non-commercial, personal or entertainment use on a single computer only. The Materials and all other content on the Service may not otherwise be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, distributed, licensed or used in any way unless specifically authorized by Resume-Now. Any authorization to copy or download Material granted by Resume-Now in any part of the Service for any reason is restricted to making a single copy for non-commercial, personal, entertainment use on a single computer only, and is subject to your keeping intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. Using any Material on any other website or networked computer environment is prohibited. Also, decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on the Service into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software and/or to copy or create other products based (in whole or in part) on such software, is prohibited (please refer to our Acceptable Use Policy for more information).
6. NOTICE AND PROCEDURE FOR CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT6.1 In General. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and encourage you to do the same. Accordingly, we have a policy of removing content that violates the intellectual property rights of others, suspending access to the Service (or any portion thereof) to any user who uses the Service in violation of someone else’s intellectual property rights, and/or terminating in appropriate circumstances the Account of any user who uses the Service in violation of someone else’s intellectual property rights.6.2 Submitting a Notification for Removing Infringing Content. We have implemented procedures for receiving written notification of claimed copyright infringement and for processing such claims in accordance with applicable law (including 17 U.S.C. § 512 Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”)). If you believe your copyright or other intellectual property right is being infringed by a user of this Site, please provide written notice to our agent for notice of claims of infringement at:
NOW Limited Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo be sure the matter is handled immediately, your written notice must:
- Contain your physical or electronic signature;
- Identify the copyrighted work or other intellectual property alleged to have been infringed;
- Identify the allegedly infringing material in a sufficiently precise manner to allow us to locate that material;
- Contain adequate information by which we can contact you (including postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address);
- Contain a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material or other intellectual property is not authorized by the owner, the owner’s agent or the law;
- Contain a statement that the information in the written notice is accurate; and
- Contain statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other intellectual property right owner.
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States of America, for any judicial district in which we may be located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
7. RESUME NOW “DOS AND DON’TS”7.1 Acceptable Use Policy. This section provides the acceptable use policy (“AUP”) which defines acceptable practices relating to the use of the Service, including limitations on User Content, system abuse and security. The Service must be used in a manner that is consistent with the intended purpose of the Service and the terms of the applicable agreement with Resume-Now, including our Terms. By using the Service, you consent to be bound by the terms of this AUP. If you do not agree with anything in this section, you must discontinue use of the Service. For purposes of this section, “Resume-Now” includes all of Resume-Now’s affiliates, including direct and indirect subsidiaries.7.2 Summary of Generally Prohibited Conduct. You will not use the Service to transmit, distribute or store material in a manner that: (i) violates any applicable law or regulation; (ii) may adversely affect the Service or other Users; (iii) may expose Resume-Now to criminal or civil liability, or (iv) violate, infringe upon or otherwise misappropriate any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, rights of publicity and privacy rights. You are prohibited from facilitating the violation of any part of this section or applicable third-party policies, including, but not limited to transmitting, distributing, or otherwise making available any product or service that violates this section or another provider’s policy.7.3 Responsible Use of the Service. Please act responsibly when using the Service. You may only use the Service and its contents for lawful purposes and in accordance with applicable law and you are prohibited from storing, distributing or transmitting any unlawful material through the Service. You may not collect or store personal information from other users. You recognize that storing, distributing or transmitting unlawful material could expose you to criminal and/or civil liability. You agree that if a third party claims that material you have contributed to the Service is unlawful, you will bear the burden of establishing that it is lawful. You understand and agree that all materials publicly posted or privately transmitted on or through the Service are the sole responsibility of the sender, not Resume-Now, and that you are responsible for all material you upload, publicly post or otherwise transmit to or through the Service.7.4 Content Limitations. We require that you do not post resumes, cover letters, send e-mails or submit to or publish through forums available on the Service, or otherwise make available on the Service any content, or act in a way, which in our opinion:
- Libels, defames, invades privacy, stalks, is obscene, pornographic, racist, abusive, harassing, threatening or offensive;
- Disparages, criticizes, belittles, parodies or otherwise portrays in a negative light any actor appearing in the content;
- Seeks to exploit or harm children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise;
- Infringes any intellectual property or other right of any entity or person, including violating anyone’s copyrights or trademarks or their rights of publicity;
- Violates any law or may be considered to violate any law;
- You do not have the right to transmit under any contractual or other relationship (e.g., inside information, proprietary or confidential information received in the context of an employment or a non-disclosure agreement);
- Advocates or promotes illegal activity;
- Impersonates or misrepresents your connection to any other entity or person or otherwise manipulates headers or identifiers to disguise the origin of the content;
- Solicits funds, advertisers or sponsors;
- Includes programs which contain viruses, worms and/or “Trojan horses” or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, overload, collapse, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications;
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to scroll faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise act in a way which affects the ability of other people to engage in real time activities via the Service;
- Copies any other pages or images on the Service except with appropriate authority;
- Includes illegally sourced MP3 format files;
- Amounts to a “pyramid” or similar scheme;
- Amounts to “data warehousing” (i.e., using any web space made available to you as storage for large files or large amounts of data which are only linked from other sites);
- Disobeys any policy or regulations established from time to time regarding use of the Service or any networks connected to the Service; or
- Contains links to other sites that contain the kind of content that falls within the descriptions described above.
- In addition, you are prohibited from removing any sponsorship banners or other material inserted by Resume-Now anywhere on the Service (e.g., on any web space made available for your use).
- Please be aware that we cooperate with law enforcement and report suspicious activity.
- Send, create or reply to so called “mailbombs” (i.e., emailing copies of a single message to many users, or sending large or multiple files or messages to a single user with malicious intent) or engage in “spamming” (i.e., unsolicited emailing for business or other purposes) or undertake any other activity which may adversely affect the operation or enjoyment of this Service by any other person;
- Copy, display, distribute, duplicate, aggregate, redistribute, alter or modify, any of the content available within the Service, or User Content in any medium, or to any other individual or entity, other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Service for their intended purpose;
- Use any automated software or devices, such as spiders, robots or data mining techniques such as scraping, spidering, crawling or any other techniques to download, store, distribute or otherwise reproduce content within the Service and/or the Service itself;
- Use or copy the Service including any data you view on and/or obtain from the Service to provide any product or service that is competitive to the Service determined in Resume-Now’s sole discretion;
- Interfere with, interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Service or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Resume-Now’s server, or networks connected to any Resume-Now’s server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Service;
- Gain unauthorized access to the Service, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Resume-Now’s server or to the Service, through hacking, cracking, and distribution of counterfeit software, password mining or any other means;
- Reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any software accessed through the Service, including any proprietary communications protocol used by Resume-Now;
- Use information obtained from the Service to transmit any commercial, advertising or promotional materials without Resume-Now’s written permission and except as expressly authorized by Resume-Now, advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any purpose;
- Provide any contact information which is not current and accurate, impersonate or create a false identity or falsify any information;
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of users of the Service, or other user or usage information or any portion thereof;
- Exploit, distribute or publicly communicate any error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage; or
- Reproduce, sell, resell or otherwise exploit any resource, or access to any resource, contained on this Service.